Saturday, November 14, 2015

Krungthep, Winter Park (Closed)

I went to this Thai tea and sandwich shop at lunch on Thursday. It's on Fairbanks near where they are tearing down a bowling alley. It must have been a dozen places over the last ten years. I recently asked for some differentiation from the Thai community. I guess this qualifies. They have reduced common Thai meals into sandwich form. I had a Green Curry Chicken sandwich for $9. It came with cheese (jack I think) red peppers, basil on a choice of bread. I chose Italian. It was ok. Too small for the price. It was pressed. It came with a small salad in a peanut dressing. I also had a $3 cup of tea (I'm trying to expand my tea vocab). They have been open for a month. It seats around 24 in 6 four seaters. All against the side wall. My table had AC blowing right at me. They didn't do much to the inside. All the work was evidently done by non-professionals. They put a big black bar on the far side. The walls, ceiling and floors are all white. Very stark. It was mostly full with women wasting time and money and one slacker treating it like a Starbucks/MILF hunting ground. They also serve "naked" sandwiches. IE salad. They had a page of ice cream sandwiches that seemed interesting. I didn't hate it, but, it's a little too precious for me. If they dropped the price points I might suffer through the conversations at adjoining tables and the terrible music (covers of pussy modern "music"). The place had really low energy. I'm not sure if that is a "tea" thing. The name is Thai for Bangkok. Insert ball punching joke.

No comments: