Saturday, November 14, 2015

Eclair Me, Lake Mary - Closed

I ate lunch at this replacement for another French bakery yesterday. It is next to F&D (now doing lunch BTW) in a strip mall on 46A and Int'l Parkway. It was ok. The owner used to run Sweet Traditions in Winter Garden and then Winter Park. I had a good croissant for $2. The sandwich sucked. The baguette was chewy. Inexcusable for a French bakery. The roast beef was terrible. An insult. I'm used to the French having no idea on cold cuts, but, I'm pretty sure this was Oscar Myer's cured roast beef. In any case, this "beef" was salty as pastrami. The sandwich (Eiffel Tower) also came with blue cheese. I shouldn't complain about getting too much, but, it just showed how little thought was put into making my sandwich. And I was the only customer! It also came with some bland tomato and overly large slices of raw (rinse it) onion. There was some kind of mayo dressing that was unnecessary. It came with a side salad or chips. It cost $7.50. I'd take my $7.50 and go to their neighbor - Cavallari or Jersey Mike's even. You'll get way more. Which is sad because I'd like to have some variety. The only other sandwich which may show potential is a tarragon chicken salad. Let's hope he doesn't use canned chicken. As for anything with cold cuts, don't trust the French. It must be something that they find declasse because I won't believe they couldn't master this category if they chose to. They also serve breakfast and soup. And a surprisingly limited selection of sweets. It has been open for a month. They did very little to the space - painted the walls. It seats about eight inside. The old place had patio seating.

No comments: