Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Ararat, I Drive - Closedf

This is a Eastern European Deli and Restaurant. It is about three store fronts away from Ana's in that strip mall on Universal Dr. I also saw this place this summer. I grabbed a ground beef pirozhki and some Syrniki (pancakes stuffed with cheese) to go from the restaurant and some cheese from the market. The pirozhki cost a mere $2 and was fresh. The pastry was tastier than the plentiful meat filling. The pancakes (4 coaster sized) cost $7. I don't get how this is an appetizer, but, they were well made and tasty. Just a hint of a sour cream/cream cheese like filling in a sweet, corn (?) batter. They were yellow so you tell me.  They may have been better eaten cold. The menu has alot of cutlets, kebabs, etc. A Cornish hen dish seemed intriguing. Stroke Me Off. The deli may have the best East European selection in town. Things like: quarter smoked chicken, sausages, caviar, tongue, cheese beer, pickled everything, etc. I think the ownership is Russian. The staff seemed to be from a variety of places. There are probably under ten of these places in CF. This may be the best. I'd love to come back for dinner. It seem like it would be a crazy place. The staff is full of hot blonds too if that appeals to you. And you don't have to drive to North Miami for it. It's a peculiar name. Ararat is a mountain in Turkey that borders Iran. I don't quite understand the nexus.

No comments: