Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Filomena's Pizzeria, Lake Mary

I grabbed a slice at this "Brooklyn Style" Italian restaurant on Sunday. It cost $2. It was a large thick slice that was slightly under cooked (flour taste and raw in spots). That may have been because they pulled it early because I was waiting or they pull the pie a little early that is to be reheated as slices. It was lacking in cheese coverage as well. They have four pizza sizes. They serve chicken, beef, veal, pasta, stromboli, calzones, subs, burgers, etc. I hope they can handle the breadth and things aren't frozen. A menu this long usually indicates the opposite. It's a clean place.It seats about 60. It has been in these hands for two years. I think I've been here for two other ownerships. I noticed I hadn't reviewed it when I went the The European Bakery a few weeks back. It's on 17-92 near the turn off for SSC. My guess is that it is neither great nor terrible. Service was polite.

No comments: