Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Pub Crawl - Dowtown: The Shisha Bowl, Side Bar and Crow Bar

I went to these bars on Saturday night.

9:30- 10pm: Shisha Bowl - They replace the Therapy Bar in that (is it still KEL) building on E. Washington. It's craft beer, some shit wine and hookahs now. Some live music. It looks good. A psychedelic rock feel to the art. The staff was nice. I think (hell I saw them) they get high on their own supply. I hate smoke, so, I'll never get the appeal. Plus can you imagine sake bars proliferating during WWII. But, these kids will invite any carcinogen (that is a metaphor) into their system. Maybe they just don't see the optics of it. They are supposed to be socially tone deaf. Maybe they don't see the insensitivity of it. Maybe they have just been so programmed to self hate that they have no free will. Maybe they are just addicted to smoking. But why ape Arabic customs when you have things like E-cigs? Any way. If you want to suck a metaphorical Arab cock then you have been given an oasis in Downtown.

10pm-1am: Side Bar - I think this place was called Vixen. It's the one that took bullets a few months ago. It looks good now. A great mural up front. They made a slightly roomier. I was just going to try it, but, they had a cute bartender and my alma mater's game came on the tv. The DJ was also good. Many people came and went. Alot of Latins, but, a fair amount of whitey's. No antagonism. I think they said it has been open for two weeks.

1-1:30am: Crow Bar - I went back to see how they were doing. Doing well. Nice crowd. A DJ. Still had all the original staff plus a few more.


No comments: