Monday, September 28, 2015

Gnarly Surf Bar, New Smyrna Beach

I grabbed lunch at this place near the draw bridge on Flagler Dr on Friday. I originally saw it when I went to The Grille at Riverview. It's a little house with a surfing vibe. I had a Mahi BLT for $12. It was surprisingly good. Big portion. I had to split the sandwich into two open face ones. Fresh, thick Mahi. Crisp Bacon. Two nicely fried slices of green tomato. Cress. A nice bun. A mayo based dressing. The sole problem was that it (fish) was a bit over spiced with blackening seasoning. It came with "skin on" fries. I hate these because they never cook evenly. The small ones get eviscerated and the big ones are limp. That happened here. The "skin" taste also doesn't pair well with fish. The soda was served in a small glass. However, they gave me a to go cup without prodding. The menu is sandwich/burger centric. They toss in some seafood. They have been open for four years. It seats around twenty inside and thirty outside. There were three other tables dining. They decorate the place with surfboards and cute art. It's cleaner than most places like this. Service was good.

No comments: