Monday, September 21, 2015

La Casa de los Chimis, Orlando

I grabbed a chicken chimi to go from this spot on 436 in between 50 and the 408 around two weeks ago. I tried googling "chimi", but, the results said it was some kind of Dominican burger. These gals didn't look Dominican. Rather some kind of Central or South American nationality. In any case, they sell these "chimi" sandwiches and stuff like grilled steak, fried junk and mofongos. The chimi was $6. It was a dry, burnt chicken breast with a mass/mess of shredded cabbage on top. The roll was ok. It may have been responsible for the explosion in my plumbing a few hours later. Then again it could have been the meal at the next post or the airline food. The place is tiny. The counter girl was a bit surly. Not sure if it was on my account or she'd rather be out running around with her friends and getting pregnant than working for her mom. She really made you work your Spanish even though I think she understood English. I was too scared to give them my credit card , so, I paid in cash. They are open seven days a week and until 3am on Th-Sn. Pass.

No comments: