Thursday, March 13, 2014

Bagel King, Lake Mary

I had a Juicy Corned Beef sandwich at this new deli in the strip mall that has Tijuana Flats. It was $9. It came with a side. I tried a potato knish. The corned beef wasn't juicy. I was actually quite dry. They wanted to cover it with thousand island dressing. Not traditional. They did cut the beef thin, so, it seemed tender. It might not be if cut thicker. It had alot of fat to it. That helps or hurts depending on your preference. The rye was cut thick and was good. I didn't refuse the provolone they paired with it. Once again, not traditional. The knish (a mini) wasn't good. The potatoes were grey and tasteless. The crust was too thick. They have two other branches around town. I don't remember anything special out of them. I have been wishing for a traditional deli to compete with Too Jay's. I guess this will do if that Water Bagel place is a dud. Now the question is whether their wider selection (breakfast, bagels, desserts, egg salad, matzoh ball soup, etc) will have me eschewing the hippy funkiness at That Deli and the long lines and high prices at Too Jay's. This place has two rooms and seats about eighty. They have booths. There were about ten people there at lunch. It's decorated like the home decorating section of Wal-Mart. I'm not sure what to make of it. I want something more traditional. I'll wait on the Water Bagel place.

No comments: