Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bellini's, DeLand

I ate at this Italian Deli and Restaurant on Rich Ave on Wednesday night. I had a slice of pizza for $1.50 and a capicola sandwich with cheese for $5. Despite the low prices (and consequently low expectations), both were pretty bad. The pizza was a "short" slice. It was over-cheesed and the dough was more like a pastry dough than a pizza dough. Too sweet and flaky. I think they add butter. The capicola tasted like the stuff in those 79 cent packs. They didn't give you much of it either (thankfully). The cheese was again over abundant and bland. The bun was atrocious. It was like a sweet roll. I think the locals like this place. It's the sort of place that they would. It's what white people think Italian food should taste like. They had articles about the original owners on the wall. I think they were Italian. Either they changed for the public or whatever knowledge they had wasn't passed down. It's a shame because the people were nice and the prices were cheap. They have a full menu and you can eat there. It has two tables up front and some more in the back. It's not very pleasing to the eyes. A real joint. I'd avoid it.

No comments: