Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hourglass Brewery, Longwood

I finally visited this working micro-brewery on Ronald Reagan Blvd Friday night. I had been ambivalent because it just looked like a seedy bar. Boy was I wrong. They make their own and have alot of specialty beers. It's a little tap room with plenty of outdoor seating. On Friday's they bring in a food truck. They have an event almost every night. I tried one of their brews (good) and another Florida beer. Both were $5. The place was pretty full around 7pm. They are moving down the street (across from Lyman High School soon. It will be in the Reboundz (sic) location. I would try it soon so you can say you knew them when. A hidden surprise.

*12/6/14 - I went back to their new digs down the street and it is sharp. It's about twenty times as big and it's clean and they have a big selection of beer that they actually put on a menu and list the price of (unlike World of Queers). The have digital menus on big screens for the drafts and big screen showing sports. I saw a stage that may be used for live music. If you liked the old place, you'll love the new place.

No comments: