Sunday, March 30, 2014

Q'Kenan, Orlando

I got totally lost trying to find a place that I thought was close to Singh's and stumbled upon this Venezuelan place I've been searching for that is at the end of Sand Lake Rd in the last shopping center on that road (intersection of Vineland Ave). It was kismet. I just had room for an empanada. My loss. I had a Pabellon for $3. It was sweet plantain, shredded beef and black beans in a sweet corn cake. Excellent. It came with a garlic dipping sauce. It tasted great with or without. It's a small place and was totally full at 2pm. They have a menu that includes breakfast, tequenos (cheese sticks), pastelitos, salads, soups, cachapas, arepas, and meat and specialty dishes. It all seems to be in the capable hands of one man. The prices were low. The place seats around twenty inside. It has the look of a cafe. It's "real deal" Venezuelan. It takes its name from a mountain in that country.

No comments: