Sunday, March 30, 2014

Singh's Roti Shop and Bar, Orlo Vista

I had lunch at this West Indian (think Indian) restaurant on Saturday. It's near Lee & Rick's on Old Winter Garden Road. I had a Channa Roti for $6. I usually go for meat, but, I wanted to mix it up. The place was very crowded, so, I also didn't want to confuse the issue. The roti (a wrap) was great. Great curry blend and just the right amount of heat. It was also huge. They must have triple wrapped it. I'm still eating it two days later and I don't love vegetarian dishes. They serve a host of west Indian dishes (goat, shark, beef, etc) and even have a full Chinese menu. It seats about sixty. It was full of "Islanders" so you know it must be the shizznit. The place isn't that much to look at. Don't let that dissuade you. If you can't get to Trinidad or Guyana, settle in here.

No comments: