Monday, March 10, 2014

Grub Crawl - Audubon Park: East End Market - La Brexta (Closed), Olde Hearth Bread Co, Fatto In Casa, La Femme du Fromage, Local Roots And Houndstooth Sauce Co

 I ate at these stalls in the new food market on Corrine Dr last Thursday afternoon. I tried all but one of those dumb tea bars and a dumber juice bar. People who go to these are more profligate than Starbuck's douches. I bet they complain their wages are too low and taxes too high.

La Brexta - A Basque (northeastern Spain) seafood market that sells a few dishes. They are run by Txokos - a restaurant in the complex that was doing a training session that day. I had a good Mahi Mahi Ceviche cup for $7. They gave you a lot of fish in a non-corrosive marinade. It was made the night before. *now an omakase Japanese stall called Kappo.

Olde Hearth Bread Co. - I had a fairly good (a little sweet) pretzel for $2 and a good raspberry jam Danish for $1.50. They bake fresh bread.

Fatto In Casa - This stall had the most options for lunch. I bought the mini sausage quiches (3) for $3. They came in little cups that I think were pre-bought or made. They tasted old. The prices here were lowest. Mostly Italian stuff.

La Femme du Fromage - I had an order of ham and swiss sliders for $6. They (2) were pretty good. They pressed them. The cheese was pretty mild. They sell cheese.

Local Roots - This is a Florida only market and bar. I had a beer for $4.

Houndstooth Sauce Company - I bought a chicken salad in white bbq sauce for $5. It was great. Good combo. I'm not sure if they make it. The label said HT Chicken Salad. That makes me believe it's out sourced and they put HT to denote the customer. They serve sandwiches, etc.

That's basically what they have in this market.




No comments: