Thursday, March 13, 2014

iPho Noodle House, Lake Mary

Ok. Here's the real reason I'm catching up on my posts. I think the "i" is for Immodium. I had a Curry Chicken Hot Pot to go for $10 from this new Vietnamese restaurant next to Bagel King on Lake Mary Blvd. If Cress might have served the best curry I've ever had then this is what balances out the Universe ala Mr. Glass. I'm not exaggerating when I say that 90% of the chicken was bone. CARCASSES! The worst pieces on the (bird?). A character on Criminal Minds last night was served some gruel by his captive. I think I would have traded. It gave me stomach and bowel discomfort. The curry broth was sweet (no heat). Horrible. The potatoes (only accompaniment) weren't cooked through. The rice must have used it's cooking time. Mush. Thank God there is a real Vietnamese restaurant on 46 so I don't have to give then a second chance. I think they are cheaper anyway. I had never seen a curry on a Vietnamese restaurant before and I hope I never do again. It's sad because the place looks cute and seemed to be getting some attention. It just opened a few weeks ago. They have a beautiful hand painted mural on one wall. The place is tiny. It seats about twenty. The menu is mostly hot pots and noodle soups. Hopefully, disappointing restaurants also come in threes. I give this place - the finger. Pho-get about this place.

No comments: