Sunday, May 17, 2015

Colorado Fondue Company, Casselberry

I went back (finally) to the scene of my first meal in CF last night. I've been meaning to, but, who goes to this area (Red Bug and 436) at night when they open? Not me, evidently. I only went back because a new brewery opened up next to them. I had an Alpine Swiss cheese fondue for two (only way they do it) for $12 and then ala carted shrimp, scallops and filet mignon for my entree. The cheese fondue was enormous. The cheese was ok. Needed Kirsch. I've been eating the real stuff in Switzerland since I was eleven, so, I'm kind of a snob. The bread was pretty bad. It also came with nacho chips (unflavored), apples, grapes, broccoli and carrot. I could live without all that. Maybe keep the apples. The shrimp (9) cost $6 and were pretty decent. The scallops (6) cost $8 and were also decent and large. The filet (5 pieces) wasn't a-one. It cost $8. I'd stick to the shrimp. A bargain. They don't give you hot oil or bouillon. Litigation? They give you a hot stone. Also fun. Service was good. The place was packed. It has a fun chalet feel. Two rooms (main and bar). Their alcohol selection was ok (craft brews). When I compare the $40 I dropped here versus the $50 I dropped at Two Chefs last week I want to puke. This place is great value. I could have gotten out at under twenty if I tried. They also had some fresh (3) dinner rolls ready for me. Still good after all these years.

No comments: