Monday, May 25, 2015

Patacon Con Todo, Universal

I grabbed something to go at this Colombian restaurant on Conroy Windermere Rd and Turkey Lake Rd after being thwarted on my first three desires on Thursday. I noticed this place a few months ago when I went to a Chinese spot nearby. I put this and a Japanese place next door (closed) on my list at that time. I chose the Patacon (plaintain) Original at $6 although I told myself this place would just act as a go between to my "real" lunch and was just going to get a $1 taco or $3 hot dog. I'm glad I "splurged". They covered a fried plaintain the size of a burrito tortilla with fantastic chicharron, shredded chick and shredded steak and cheese. Excellent and hearty. They also make quesadillas, ceviche, arepas, grilled meats, sandwiches, salads and daily specials. The place is rectangular. It's spartan in the decor, but, clean. It seats about fifty. It was about a quarter full. Closed on Sundays. Nice experience. Everything is under $10.

No comments: