Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Grub Crawl - Mount Dora: Lakeside Inn, Vitality Bistro and Village Coffee Pot

I ate at these spots within the main town today for lunch.

Lakeside Inn - They have the same menu for a main dining room and a bar. I ate at the bar. I had a tomato pie for $12. It was ok. A quiche like thing with a side salad. Small portion. The menu at this place is pretty dull and overpriced. The dining rooms are decrepit. I think you can skip it. Tourist trap.

Vitality Bistro - This place is on the second floor of a building on N. Baker St. I had an orange juice for $5. It was ok. I hate health food places. the people in them always look sickly and they seem to prey on their fear with high prices. The staff always seems zoned out. The person before me was told she had to wait on a simple order even though it was the only one up. Pass.

Village Coffee Pot - I had an ice coffee because I found the simple fare overpriced. It cost $2 and was good. The owner says he has been there for 25 years. It's on Donnelly St. Another pass.

You can pass on the whole town for a while since they are ripping up the streets.


No comments: