Monday, May 25, 2015

Dolphin View, New Smyrna Beach

I went to this seafood restaurant on Riverside Dr on Friday for lunch. It's on the left side of the bridge before it crosses over the intercoastal/river. It's in a marina. I went because the Sentinel put it on a list of places to try last summer and I already did those places last year. The view was great. The food was alot better than I expected. The vibe was fun and relaxed. There are now three places on this stretch of water. This is the least fussy of the three and maybe the most satisfying. The view is great. Sometimes you see dolphin or manatee and always boats and jumping fish. Most of the tables are right on the water. You order at a counter and they deliver it. I had a Flounder Rueben because it was the best value ($11) and allowed me to try their sides. The sandwich roll was good. The flounder (4 filets!) was perfectly fried. No oily residue. Crisp. Fresh flesh. Not like that ridiculous frozen door stop at the place in Astor. I asked for slaw instead of kraut and it was good. The grits were good. The waffle fries were perfect. They have four or five other sides like garlic mashed potatoes. They have baskets and sandwiches of fried things, Fish topped with other stuff. Your typical seafood shack stuff kicked up a notch. They have booze. If I had friends visiting, I think I'd choose this place over all the others for an authentic beach experience. They even allow dogs. They have a $20 night cruise that leaves from the dock. Perfect start to a day at the beach.

No comments: