Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Pho Curry Ford, Curry Ford Rd (Closed)

I ate at this Vietnamese restaurant two Saturdays ago at lunch. They made me one piece of shrimp paste wrapped with dried bean curd (usually an entree) for $4 and a Banh Mi Bo Kho (stewed beef soup with a baguette) for $8.50. I think a soda was $1 like it should be. The paste was ok. The curd acts as a wonton wrapper. The soup was in the banh mi section and doubled as a pho. You could drink the soup or drip the bread or pull out some beef like I did and make a sandwich. The broth was very dense. The beef was tender and abundant. A good selection. They have the usual menu categories. Sometimes it's hard to find a full representation of the varoius Viet items. No problem here. They said it used to be a Cajun spot. It's near Za Za Cuban across from Charlie's (see previous post). They chose some putrescent colors for the paint job. It was definetlty a non-professional job. I keep seeing these atrocious shades lately. I think it looked different at the store or mixed poorly with the old color. I hope. It seats about seventy. It was about a third full. It's a Mom and Pop op. southern Vietnam. All the furniture was salvage, but, they try and gussy up the joint with flowers and X-mas lights. A few more live plants may help. I am concerned that the European/Latin style AC unit is enough for the summer heat. All in all, not bad. They have been open for one month.

No comments: