Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Daybreak Diner, Curry Ford Rd

I had breakfast on Sunday at this diner near Charlie's (see two posts ago). I was on may way back from Vegas and needed some TLC fo my T O M E. I had a ham scramble (first time) with cheddar cheese for $7. The benedicts were over priced as usual and I didn't want what went with the other plates at around $9. Unsurprisingly, the eggs were diner-tastic. Flat, tough sheets of yellow that look like novelty throw up. Can't you beat any air into the eggs? Ever! Can't you scramble the eggs when on the grill? Ever! It's not an omlette. And an omlette shouldn't be cooked that way either. These diner atrocities should be given therir own classification. The ham cubes cubes and cheese were alright. I didn't touch the two pieces of toast, but, they looked ok. The hash browns were more voluminous than good. A little raw. The soda was overpriced at $2.50 and I wasn't asked about a refill. The place looks older than the nine years they have been there (17 somewhere else). It's a dump with Packer junk, photos of customers, bric a brac and "student" art on the walls. A readl dive. Some like that. It seats about eighty in two rooms. A lot of golden oldies were there for what looked like their one day out of the cage. Sad. I find diners to be poor values. But, people like them and there isn't much around here open before noon on a Sunday.

No comments: