Monday, May 18, 2015

Taco Norteno, Winter Garden

I grabbed two tacos to go on my way out of town on Sunday. I had a barbacoa and a carnitas. Both cost $2. They came on two smallish, but, incredibly fresh tortillas with nothing on them but lots of meat. The carnitas was perfect. The barbacoa was good just different. The meat was very tender and moist and rich. Almost pastey. They have a nice menu (the usuals and things like sopes and tortas). North Mexican although the have a Mexico city taco category. The place was packed at two. Alot of Mexicans, but, a fair amount of gringos. The place is in between the scary quasi-market that authentic, cheap Mexican can come in and the trendy modern Mexican places. A respectable space. The salsa bar was well stocked, Watch out for the green puree. It's right after one of those main arteries (417?) if you are coming from Orlando on 50. I have bypassed this place on my way into WG for the last couple of years and always been mad at myself. I had reason to be. Good authentic Mexican cooking. They serve breakfast.

No comments: